December is here! Bring on the delicious meals, sweet desserts, ugly sweater parties and everything else that comes in December (the list goes on and on). Unfortunately, college students are forced to endure finals before celebrating the holiday season, so we wanted to provide some tips to keep your stress level low as you prepare for finals.
- Get Organized: Before you start studying, get organized! Declutter your living space so you don’t worry about having to clean on top of studying. Also, take a few minutes to make a to do list and prioritize all of your tasks. Look at your finals schedule to help you determine when you need to start studying for which final.
- Sweat It Out: Exercise is a great way to relieve stress! I know you’re thinking you don’t have time to hit the gym for hours when you have studying to get done, but you can bang out a short workout and get the same positive effect. If you’re short on time, consider taking a walk around campus or going for a short jog. Some gyms offer abbreviated workout classes around lunch so take a look at what’s available – you may find a great 30 minute workout!
- Sleep: Finals always leave students up pulling all nighters, but that is not helpful! Your body needs sleep to function properly – this includes your brain. If you want to crush your finals make sure that you’re getting enough sleep. Worried that you need more hours to study? Try going to bed a bit earlier so you can wake up earlier, so you have a few more hours to study.
- Stay Hydrated: Studying for finals means excessive amounts of coffee. While caffeine is great if you need a pick me up, be sure to keep your water intake up as well! Not sure how much water you should be drinking? Follow the 8X8 rule – drinking 8 glasses of 8 ounces of water a day. And, remember that is a minimum suggestion so keep chugging that H2O.
- Take Time For Yourself: It’s important to build time for some self-care so you don’t wear yourself out. Stop by Aspen Tan and take advantage of our wellness offerings! The Cocoon Wellness Pro has benefits ranging from relaxation, weight loss to improved energy levels. And, our Red Light Therapy beds not only helps with aesthetics but also joint aches and muscle soreness.