These winter months have been moving quickly – anyone agree? That means spring break is right around the corner (cue the screams of excitement). This year, don’t get stuck doing everything last minute. Nobody enjoys paying extra for airline tickets, or staying at a less-than-ideal hotel. To plan the perfect spring break trip, you need to start now. We hope these tips will help you plan, and feel prepared, for this year’s spring break!
- Make a list of destination options: First things first, decide where you want to go. This sounds easier than it is especially if you are planning a trip with your sorority sisters. When a group of people are trying to decide on one destination things can get a bit hectic. We recommend having you and all your friends write down a list of destinations, cross reference your lists and we are sure one popular destination will show up!
- Beat the high costs of airplane tickets: Once you pick your destination, start looking at your flight options (assuming your travel involves an airplane). The longer you wait to book a flight the more expensive it will be. Also, don’t forget to check if you have miles you can use – either from a specific airline or a credit card you have. Not flying by plane? Taking a car? Decide which of your friends will be driving to your destination as soon as possible to avoid scrambling last minute.
- Research the best place to stay: Now it’s time to decide where you are going to stay. Looking at hotels? All inclusive resorts? Be sure to do your research! Check the hotel’s website and compare the cost with those listed on StudentUniverse. Never heard of StudentUniverse? We’ll try not to judge you. StudentUniverse provides students with exclusive travel deals on airfare and hotels so check it out!
- Schedule some time to sweat: Spring break usually means bathing suits and beaches. Make this year the year you feel 100% confident in your bathing suit. Start working out. Make a schedule and stick to it! Check to see if your university offers any fitness classes or find a workout program to follow. Remember, consistency is key! Before you know it you’ll be posing proudly on the beach.
- Bronze Yourself: Don’t show up at the beach pale. Start tanning to give yourself a nice bronze to match that new bikini we know you will be splurging on 😉 So come visit us at Aspen Tan. Not only will you look great on the beach, but you will also get a nice dose of Vitamin D to boost your immune system – because nobody wants to get sick before spring break. Not interested in a tanning bed? We proudly use VersaSpa® for all sunless tanning. You can give your skin a natural, vibrant, long-lasting glow in just minutes and can bronze, hydrate and smooth fine lines in one session.